Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync icloud contacts with Outlook 2011

Looking for advice on syncing iCloud contacts (from Address Book) to Outlook 2011. Any advice from those who have been there before? Thanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 7:09 AM

I think I was able to answer my own question... <http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/is-outlook -for-mac-2011-compatible-with-icloud/9a707646-0fdb-404d-87a8-babc3b3eaa6d>:

Outlook for Mac 2011 does not currently support CalDAV or CardDAV. This means that it’s not possible to sync your iCloud calendar or contacts with Outlook for Mac. If this is a feature you’d like to see in future versions of Office for Mac, be sure to send your feedback by clicking Help > Send Feedback… in any Office application or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

However, Outlook for Mac 2011 does support iCloud Mail. Follow the steps below to add your iCloud email account:

1. Start Outlook 2011.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
  3. Click the plus ➕ sign in the lower-left corner, and then select E-mail.
  4. Enter your E-mail Address and Password, and then click Add Account.
    Note: The new account will appear in the left navigation pane of the Accounts dialog box.
  5. Enter one of the following in the Incoming server box:
    • mail.me.com (for me.com mail addresses)
    • mail.mac.com (for mac.com mail addresses)
  6. Click to select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Incoming server box.
  7. Enter one of the following in the Outgoing server box:
    • smtp.me.com (for me.com mail addresses)
    • smtp.mac.com (for mac.com mail addresses)
  8. Click to select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Outgoing server box.

For more information concerning Office for Mac's iCloud compatibility, please see the following KB article:

Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 compatibility with Apple iCloud

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2012 7:09 AM in response to snbrown

I think I was able to answer my own question... <http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/is-outlook -for-mac-2011-compatible-with-icloud/9a707646-0fdb-404d-87a8-babc3b3eaa6d>:

Outlook for Mac 2011 does not currently support CalDAV or CardDAV. This means that it’s not possible to sync your iCloud calendar or contacts with Outlook for Mac. If this is a feature you’d like to see in future versions of Office for Mac, be sure to send your feedback by clicking Help > Send Feedback… in any Office application or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

However, Outlook for Mac 2011 does support iCloud Mail. Follow the steps below to add your iCloud email account:

1. Start Outlook 2011.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
  3. Click the plus ➕ sign in the lower-left corner, and then select E-mail.
  4. Enter your E-mail Address and Password, and then click Add Account.
    Note: The new account will appear in the left navigation pane of the Accounts dialog box.
  5. Enter one of the following in the Incoming server box:
    • mail.me.com (for me.com mail addresses)
    • mail.mac.com (for mac.com mail addresses)
  6. Click to select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Incoming server box.
  7. Enter one of the following in the Outgoing server box:
    • smtp.me.com (for me.com mail addresses)
    • smtp.mac.com (for mac.com mail addresses)
  8. Click to select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Outgoing server box.

For more information concerning Office for Mac's iCloud compatibility, please see the following KB article:

Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 compatibility with Apple iCloud

How to sync icloud contacts with Outlook 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.