Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

polarioid pogo printer not working with ipad and iphone

And I can not believe how that truly *****... I am traveling through the states and bought the pogo to print on the road... Only to find out that it does not work with ipad and does not work with iphone... Unless I jailbreak my phone which I don't really want to do...

Apple wants us to go mobile and clouding and all those things, yet, when we do go mobile and try a mobile life style, we are encountering so much technical crap that we loose the will to live...

I could have spend the hundred dollar for the pogo to have pics printed out in every kiosk in the country...

WWhen is Apple going to come to its senses about little life savers like the pogo and bluetooth???????

Is anyone aware of a work around so I can print on the go? And a solution that does not involve a programmers brain because my single braincell is not working while traveling... It needs to be easy!

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 9:07 AM

Dont bark at apple. They have established a universal printer driver called airprint, and any manufacturer can include it in their device. Some do, some dont. Write a nasty gram to pogo. But if you need to print at home, there are a set of apps like print and share etc that let you use your exitsing printer via your pc. If you need prints while on the road, consider the walgreens app. They have a 1 hr print sevice, pretty much all over north america. Zap them the file, then go get the print at the nearest walgreens.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2012 9:07 AM in response to Catherine Lucas

Dont bark at apple. They have established a universal printer driver called airprint, and any manufacturer can include it in their device. Some do, some dont. Write a nasty gram to pogo. But if you need to print at home, there are a set of apps like print and share etc that let you use your exitsing printer via your pc. If you need prints while on the road, consider the walgreens app. They have a 1 hr print sevice, pretty much all over north america. Zap them the file, then go get the print at the nearest walgreens.

Jan 19, 2012 2:24 PM in response to pjl123

Your answer is useless. I know about Walgreen and my printer at home. My peeve is that apple wants us to live with the cloud, but makes it really hard to do so. I bought that printer because I wanted to print on the go, non dependent from shopping malls close by... Yes, Polaroid could probably create some software, but apple makes it darn hard to use some of the software already created... Do I have to remind you that flash has been cut from Ios too? Serving who exactly?

I bought a hundred dollar printer that is not working, on top of the almost 800 dollar spent on the ipad to now find out that a lot of things go really bad. Blogging on the go on the Wordpress platform is a drag too, and the pogo not working on iphone and ipad is more then a drag... A lot of my friends with cheap android phones and tablets can write, read and print what they want on their cheap devices. Why can't it be that simple for our expensive devices?

I will also bark at who I want... When it works it works, when it's not working it is not working. And I know for sure that Steve wanted it to work...

Jan 19, 2012 3:37 PM in response to Catherine Lucas

To cut through all the rage and anger and "knowing" who wanted what, the Pogo has been out for a year or so, well before Mr. Jobs' passing, and Apple did not make any mention of supporting printing on anything other than Airprint compatible printers.

Since Airprint is a Wi-Fi/ethernet thing, Polaroid would have to make a significant redesign to the Pogo. Considering that the first iPhones only supported Bluetooth headsets and Apple didn't provide any indications about increasing Bluetooth support, Polaroid's decision for the Pogo to be Bluetooth was obviously not with iOS devices in mind. This is why initially Polaroid had links on the FAQ to tell Apple to add Bluetooth printing support (so that in effect, asking Apple to pay for the expenses to make the iPhone compatible with the Pogo, rather than Polaroid paying to make the Pogo compatible with iOS.)

I come from a photograpic background. I got the Pogo as soon as it came out. I quite literally was on Polaroid's website every day checking to see when I could order it. Having "instant" sticker prints is wonderful at family picnics with all the kids. While it would be great to be able to get Pogo prints from anyone's iPhone, I stopped holding my breath when Apple announced Airprint, which came well after the Pogo was released. So I took that as the sign that it was probably never going to happen. (I knew that the Pogo wasn't iOS compatible when I bought it so not having compatiblity is not a deal-breaker for me. But, yes, it would be nice.)

I now use a Polaroid Z340 since it's a 14 megapixel camera that prints larger 3x4 Zink prints. Polaroid makes the GL10, which is basically a Pogo using the same printer as the Z340. But it's still Bluetooth only. 😟 So while I sympathize with the desire to have a really compact portable printer like the Pogo, iOS compatibility just does not seem to be on the horizon. IMHO, it would be more realistic that Polaroid create an app to do Bluetooth printing. But considering Polaroid's financial issues, I'm not holding my breath

May 26, 2012 11:28 PM in response to Catherine Lucas

I agree, neither one wants to pay money to support the other's product but I'm kind of surprised that after 4 ios updates (which included wireless/bluetooth/wired compatibility updates for other products) since the Pogo was released it's still not even possible to print to the Pogo through at least the USB port (even though again, some of the iOS updates included this function for other printers...). Just saying.

Jul 26, 2012 3:16 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

It is a real shame these guys cant get their act together. There are jailbreak apps (apparently) so sure it cant be that hard for a legit one to be created?

In the meantime I use dropbox to upload iphone and ipad photos and print them from my bluetooth enabled PC. Its easy enough but wont help you whilst you're travelling unless you invest in a Bluetooth enabled laptop 🙂

Don

UK

Jul 30, 2013 8:49 PM in response to Catherine Lucas

hello Catherine Lucas

I know this is a reply to an old topic but with 13165 views on this page it looks like many people want to know the same reasons as you.

The iphone has everything it needs to print via the pogo (hardware)but apple have gone to the extreme(as always) to lockdown and limit features that are possible on £10 phones,The reasons for this will be the same reason why apple try to block unofficial tv-out cables and other accessories(greed and don't play well with others).

And to pjl123 AirPrint has absolutely nothing to do with bluetooth printing or the original question asked and thats mainly due to the fact it's a local network feature,but you would know that if you'd have removed your head from the anus of apple if only just to check.

At the moment the only real solution is to free the iphone from it's imprisonment even if only for this feature, i have and the pogo works exactly as intended.

i doudt apple would help by removing the chains that hold down simple features like this.

You could buy a cheap £10 phone that does print via the pogo and email the photos over so you can still print on the go.

Jul 31, 2013 4:49 AM in response to foosty666

foosty666 wrote:

I know this is a reply to an old topic but with 13165 views on this page it looks like many people want to know the same reasons as you.

The iphone has everything it needs to print via the pogo (hardware)but apple have gone to the extreme(as always) to lockdown and limit features that are possible on

It doesn't look like Polaroid even makes this printer anymore. There are lots of Airprint capable printers that will allow you to print photos wirelessly.

polarioid pogo printer not working with ipad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.