Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Unveils All-New iTunes U App for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch

A colleague just told me about this announcement from Apple -

Apple Unveils All-New iTunes U App for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch -

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/01/19Apple-Unveils-All-New-iTunes-U-App-for -iPad-iPhone-iPod-touch.html

Do any fellow iTunes U administrators know anything about this? How is existing content presented in the new app? Would we need to change anything? How do we access / make available the new features?

The new features sound fantastic but it would have been nice to have some warning. I appreciate that Apple has to keep specific details about developments confidential but it's slightly disconcerting that iTunes U administrators were not forewarned about this new development and that there has been no mention of it on this forum. Also - and at the risk of sounding like a broken record - it really would be helpful for iTunes U administrators to have a private forum (perhaps an add-on to Public Site Manager) where we could discuss issues and share ideas and best practice etc.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 9:06 AM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2012 4:21 AM in response to Tom_Williams

Just received the email from Apple to iTunes U administrators and had a quick play around with the iPhone app. Some really nice new features and so far as I can tell existing content doesn't require any alternation it just integrates with the new app.

I think this is a huge step forward for iTunes U, it's now a fully fledged with virtual learning environment.

Jan 20, 2012 6:47 AM in response to Tom_Williams

Greetings Tom;

I watched the Apple's Keynote presentation and I'm amazed! I'm really excited about the possibilities this opens up for educators. I, like you am still processing all of the information and sorting out the possibilities.

Did you get the email about the Webcast on Wednesday the 25th at 10:00 AM PT that's going to cover the new iTunes U Corse Manager and how to publish through iTunes U Site Manager? Hopefully this is available to you in the UK. We'll keep in touch. All the best...

Syd Rodocker

iTunes U Administrator

Tennessee State Department of Education

Tennessee's Electronic Learning Center

Apple Unveils All-New iTunes U App for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.