Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WindowShade not working on 10.6

I have 2 laptops with registered copies of WindowShade (from Unsanity). The older MacBook Pro has Snow Leopard and runs WindowShade just fine. I just updated a newer MacBook Pro to Snow Leopard and installed WS and it won't work at all. It IS enabled and my Appearance system preference has the correct setting checked, per the Read Me file for WS.

I have logged out and back in, no go; I've restarted the laptop, no go. Application Enhancer says it is fully updated. Why would it work on one laptop, but not the other, when they're both running the same OS with the same settings?

I truly miss the ability to use WindowShade! Any advice? Thanks very much!

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 11:54 AM

23 replies

Jan 19, 2012 12:18 PM in response to Teacher617

Thank you for all of your replies!

I contacted their support team 2 weeks ago - no answer.

I did uninstall (with their app), then reinstall WindowShade - still nothing.

I was just hoping that there was something else I could try that I had not thought about. As I said, it works fine on my older laptop, but not the newer one. Don't understand why.

Feb 4, 2012 11:51 AM in response to baltwo

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57370890-263/rosetta-broken-in-os-x-10.6.8- after-security-update/?tag=mncol;txt

As stated in the title, "Rosetta broken in OS 10.6.8 after security update." My issue has been on Snow Leopard.

and

"Rosetta was available in OS X up until Snow Leopard but was left out of OS X Lion, a decision that forced a number of people to stay with Snow Leopard in order to continue using their PowerPC applications. Unfortunately for these people the latest security update has broken some aspects of Rosetta's functions, which is now causing their PowerPC applications to not work properly."

WindowShade is a Rosetta application. I will give the new "fix" a try and see what happens.

Can't get to your link for some reason to read what is there.

WindowShade not working on 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.