Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my Apple ID affiliated with my institute?

I work at a University and want to access the new iTunes U course manager (https://itunesu.itunes.apple.com/coursemanager). Does anyone know how I go about getting my apple id affiliated with my institute?

When I try to log into Course Manager I get an error "iTunes Store Account Required". My apple id is my iTunes Store Account, so I assume it is not affiliated with my institute. My apple id is also my developer account, which is linked to my education institute. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated 🙂

cheers,

Andrew

Many, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 2:56 PM

15 replies

Jan 20, 2012 10:14 AM in response to DON NGUYEN

I have added my primary admin Apple ID to the Public Site Manager as a contributer and I am recieving an error when I try to log into the Course Manager.

"Course Manager had an error. Please reload"

When I am in the Users tab of the Public Site Manager I do not even see the link to the Course Manager as it indicates in the iTunes U Guidelines; Creating and managing your public site document.

The only way I found the URL to the couse manager was in this discussion post.

Is this a system glitch or am I missing a step?

Jan 20, 2012 1:18 PM in response to Macite

I don't want to beat this to death here but I'm in the same exact boat as everyone else in this thread. I've tried a bunch of different attempts at a back door. I am the PSM for our School's iTunesU account and have used an alternate account as the contributer, even associated that with iTunes store account with credit card info, etc. and still NO DICE. I am receiving the same error. Is anyone at Apple on this thread to help us all?User uploaded file

Jan 20, 2012 2:24 PM in response to Macite

I've tried every way to log in today, using an Apple ID that is registered with the iTunes Store and is associated with our college's iTunes U site as a contributor, then as one that's associated with the public site administrator. This has failed in various ways throughout the day, like others have described.

Examining the debug console in Safari is showing that one of the objects from the login page is giving a 404 Not Found response when you try to log in, leading to the "iTunes Store Account Required" error. I believe something must have broken after they launched this site yesterday, and the varying errors throughout the day would seem to indicate that they're trying to fix it right now.

We'll probably just have to wait until this is repaired.

How do I get my Apple ID affiliated with my institute?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.