Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mission control changes layering of open documents

When I toggle between mission control desktop spaces, if I have multiple Word or Excel docs (may be true of others, but this is where I see it happen), when I return to the docs space a different document is on top but not selected, so I have to select the top doc then re-select the document I want. It's like the original doc remains on top virtually but not visually. If I toggle back and forth several times, a different doc may be on top each time. This practically kills the value of multiple spaces.

While I'm at it, I hate that opening a document in one space, say from an Outlook email attachment, the file opens in the same space as the originating document rather than switching to the space I've dedicated for the document app, such as Excel.

Do I have to give up using mission control or does someone have a fix?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 4:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2012 10:10 AM in response to FortWarrior

Yes. I used to get this problem. Seems to have been largely fixed with 10.7.3. I deleted all my desktops and started again.

There are still some bugs though. For example, if you have an app with multiple windows open and then put it in full screen mode. Command-tab doesn't take you to the primary window.

Also the keyboard shortcut to get a spotlight window results in a switch to the finder but doesn't display the finder window.

mission control changes layering of open documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.