Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import address book

I want to import my lengthy address book from my my old iMac (PPC 10.4.11) to my sparkly new iMac (Lion 10.7.2 3.1GHz. 8GB RAM). I backed up the existing book to an .abbu file and transferred it to the new desk top from my "passport". I can't make the new address book accept the .abbu information. Someone please tell me that I dont't have to do this laboriously "card" by "card".

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 4:57 AM

As you're on Lion, someone else will have to tell you about compatibility, but in general you should export from, and import to Mail via .csv cards.

5 replies

Jan 20, 2012 10:46 AM in response to Christopher Pratt

Hello

you may try to transfert all old adresse book data , to do , locate you AdressBook folder

HardDrive -> users -> home folder -> library -> application support -> AdressBook folder

copy your AdressBook onto external harddrive and then copy it exactly at same location on os 10.7

BUT is it a litlle bit more funy 😉 library folder in OS 10.7 is invisible , to show it you need to use alt key and go "go" menu to open

BECAREFULL !!!! that replace your actual AB without any chance to restore it so DO a BACK UP first , or move your original AB foder in other location ( create a folder for that )

not sure at all this is work from 10.4 to 10.7 but work verry well from 10.6 to 10.7

HTH

Pierre

How do I import address book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.