Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO DOWLOAD 1.1 UPDATE?

Coz I'm gonna try to restore my iPod because the TV SHOWS option won't show on my 30gb iPod.

Windows XP

Posted on Feb 16, 2006 3:02 PM

13 replies

Feb 16, 2006 8:07 PM in response to xNIXx

As in, are there gonna be problems with my iPod after
downloading the update?

YEP Don't bother with the 1.1 its screws up more than it fixes ( seach forum for 1.1 ) and yes it DOES affect the 30G

I do not see the TV SHOWS option on my iPod, do you
know a way for me to get it back?

No Idea on that one, maybe in the "main menu settings" on the iPod :shrug

Feb 16, 2006 9:18 PM in response to jambandbrian

Is it just a Windows problem?

I used to have my iPod synced with my WinXP laptop. Then, I got an iMac, and I was using the Win iPod with the iMac. I wasn't able to change settings for photo importing, though, so I decided to wipe it clean and re-format it as a Mac iPod. I used the 1.1 update to do so, and I have no problems at all with any of my TV Shows.

Feb 17, 2006 11:56 AM in response to xNIXx

I would say DO NOT download 1.1. It was a disaster for me. Most of my videos (not from Itunes but converted ones) stopped working. They would play for 1 minute then freeze, then continue to play without audio. I had to go find my disc and spend a great deal of time formatting and putting the old version back on. I CAN'T believe Apple hasn't put out a new update to fix this (look around at how MANY people are reporting this). I would say NO NO NO.

Feb 17, 2006 2:06 PM in response to xNIXx

No, not if you are using any 3d party video converter to convert DVDs to Ipod format. Mine worked great under firmware 1.0, but as soon as I "updated" to 1.1, the videos freeze after about 1 minute. Apple support confirms that this is a problem only under 1.1, not under 1.0, so don't update if you are using a 3d party video conversion utility. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to revert to version 1.0.

Feb 17, 2006 10:50 PM in response to superman56

I got my new 60G few day ago, it come with v1.1 and true enough I try playing my video all the issue like no sound or pausing a few time while playing the video happen. And I can't downgrade because my CD is v1.1. So hopefully apple can come out with v1.2 or v1.1.1 fast else what the use of having an ipod with video where I can't play video.

Luckily so far playing of my mp3 is fine else I will be totally very upset.

IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO DOWLOAD 1.1 UPDATE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.