Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete all occurrences of a recurring event in iCal without deleting them one by one?

These events have no stopping point, and go on into eternity. How do I get them out of iCal without having to delete each one separately? I want to sync with my new iPhone, but don't want these events in my iPhone calendar. They are in my old iPhone when I synced it a couple of years ago. In the iPhone, you have no way to delete or edit these events.

Thanks for any suggestions.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 7:01 AM

When you hit delete on an event it should ask you if you want to delete just this one or all future events. Click on all future events option and they should all get deleted.

9 replies

Jul 14, 2012 6:22 AM in response to pedrofog

pedfogog,

... or whoever may find this post in need of assistance as I was.

I just had this same problem and successfully deleted ALL event (past and future)instances by :

1. Click on any instance of the event in the calendar

2. Select "Delete" from the iCal toolbar "Edit" menu.

3. The iCal propmt asked me to choose to delete all or just the one instance.

4. Naturally, select to "Delete all occurrences"

I am running OS 10.6.8 iCal 4.0.4

Jul 17, 2013 7:16 PM in response to writemcodeboy

Does not give me the option to delete all future events, only says "delete event". It used to give option to delete future events, but doesnt show up any more. Really irritated. Had deleted calendar with these events and it is still showing up. What is up with ical!! Pls help. Had talked to Apple support and they didnt help either.

How do you delete all occurrences of a recurring event in iCal without deleting them one by one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.