Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i reformat a 2nd hand macbookpro with no discs?

hi

ive recently bought a second hand mac book pro obviously with it being second hand i would like to reformat it myself but the prev owner hasnt given me any of the discs that came with it, so ill need to buy it from the apple store/website. can any 1 help to which disc i need to buy and how much is it?

i also have a macbook which i bought when i started university 6 years ago and an imac for about 4 years both also in desperate need of an update (esp the macbook as ive not used it since buying my imac)

could i use the same disc to update/reformat all 3 or do i need to buy separate discs for all three of them?

please help me, ive never done this before

kerry

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 7:19 AM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2012 9:30 AM in response to kezza_marie

If you have a second-hand MacBook Pro, you're posting in the wrong forum; this is for Classic Mac OS users (system 7, 8 and 9).

Aside from that, why didn't you get the original discs with that MacBook Pro? The seller surely has them (or should have them), and they're obligated to provide everything that came with the computer to you if they sell it. If they lost them, then you'd need to contact Apple and give them your serial number for that MacBook Pro and pay a nominal fee for a replacement set of original discs. The same would apply for any other Macs you own wherre you don't have the original installation discs anymore.

Check this document for the phone number to contact Apple in your country: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

how do i reformat a 2nd hand macbookpro with no discs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.