Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is "iscsid"?

The process iscsid just requested firewall access on my Lion MBP. I looked at the logs in console and found that the process originates in /usr/sbin/xtendsan. Googling revealed that iscsid is an iSCSI process used by some NAS makers like QNAP. I have a Drobo FS, but that is not iSCSI based. Does anyone know what that process is and where I can look for more information? There is no man page for iscsid on the Mac.

Thanks

Pete

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 8:06 AM

7 replies

Jan 20, 2012 9:13 AM in response to SaratogaPete

iscsid is not a native process in Mac OS X so it's come from some third-party software. Xtend SAN is driver software from ATTO Technology. Perhaps Drobo has licensed software from them and it installs that daemon even though your particular drive model isn't iSCSI. If you haven't installed some other NAS software, I'd suggest contacting Drobo support and asking them about that daemon.

Regards.

What is "iscsid"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.