Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different format for page numbers on different pages

Hi guys,

Currently I'm about to finish my thesis. Pages has been a great help with everything, until now. The problem is that I want to add page numbers, but some pages should have a different numbering then others. To clarify here is my table of contents with the desired page numbers:

-Figures i

-Tables ii

-Acronyms iii

-Chapter 1 1

-Chapter 2 15

-Chapter 3 27

-Appendix iv

-Summary v

So the stuff that is not directly main content should be numbered in roman numbers. The chapters then can have normal numbers.

I've been trying for a while to make this happen now, but without luck. Anyone know how to accomplish this? I would be very thankful.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 2:51 PM

Divide into Sections by inserting section breaks between and make the Roman numerals the first part and restart the numbering at Chapter 1:

Inspector > Layout > Section > Start at: 1 / uncheck Use previous headers and footers

To change the numbering format in the header or footer, right click on the page number and choose what you want.

Peter

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2012 2:51 PM in response to jerôme

Divide into Sections by inserting section breaks between and make the Roman numerals the first part and restart the numbering at Chapter 1:

Inspector > Layout > Section > Start at: 1 / uncheck Use previous headers and footers

To change the numbering format in the header or footer, right click on the page number and choose what you want.

Peter

Different format for page numbers on different pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.