9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 1:17 PM by KIA0701
thebunnys Level 1 Level 1

If i use private browsing does that mean that whatever i do, for example banking will never be able to be seen again?

Like i cant look back somewhere on my computer and see the history of what i did in private browsing?

MacBook Pro
  • Zyriab Level 4 Level 4

That's exactly right.  When you enable private browsing in Safari, your browsing is not recorded in the history until you turn it off.  Also pages that you view are not saved to the cache.  So if someone else looks on your computer there is no trace of the web-sites you looked at or the searches you conducted whilst private browsing was enabled.

• taththi Level 1 Level 1

No! That is NOT correct. Private browsing still keeps your search history. Try enabling private mode and doing a google search in Safari. Turn it off and the history will still be there.

• ds store Level 7 Level 7

If you want private browsing to be more private and less malware...

Want to try Linux?, read this

Set up a clean snapshot, use a copy, then revert back

For banking and stuff you do have to use a major OS verison, OS X or Windows.

Firefox + Click 2 Clean

Oops I posted in the macbook thread. I was talking about iOS safari

• ds store Level 7 Level 7

iOS? Arrhhh!!! Kill it before it breeds another!!!

<Edited By Host>

Shieeeeeeeeeet :/

There's an app (that I can't be assed paying for yet) that offers a proper private mode. I used it earlier on an old JB'd phone. works well

• CyndyS Level 1 Level 1

May 2, 2012 5:49 PM (in response to Zyriab)

"No! That is NOT correct. Private browsing still keeps your search history. Try enabling private mode and doing a google search in Safari. Turn it off and the history will still be there."

From Apple:

Private Browsing

Private Browsing in iOS 5 protects private information and blocks some websites from tracking your behavior. Safari doesn't remember the pages you visit, your search history, or your AutoFill information.

Note: While Private Browsing is enabled, the Safari bars appear black or dark instead of blue or gray.

• Tank Show 8 Level 1 Level 1

so it seems all private browsing does it make it easier to look at **** on other peoples phones without them knowing??.....yeah i do that allll the time...cause if you use any banking app, it settings don't allow password history to be saved, hence nobody can pick up your phone and look at your financials

• KIA0701 Level 1 Level 1

Just get google cromes free app and go on incognito setting