Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a workaround so for Leopard and iCloud yet?

I have an iMac PowerPC on Leopard at work and a MobileMe account which syncs my iPhone4 (iOS4), iPad1 (iOS4), my work iMac (Leopard) and my home Mac Pro (Snow Leopard). Syncing works perfectly. I love it.

I've been holding off on updating my MacPro to Lion and my devices to iOS5 and iCloud because I REALLY don't want to lose the ability to use Leopard Addressbook and iCal at work.

I just hate the thought of my iMac Addressbook and iCal databases not being sync'able anymore rending them useless, certainly more and more as I add to my calendars and contacts on my other 3 devices with my iMac out f the loop since you can't go farther than Leopard on a PowerPC.

If there is no way to keep my iMac in the synch "loop" after upgrading to iCloud, I guess I'll be forced to use my iPad or iPhone Contacts and Calendar at work and have them sync to iCloud so at least my iPhone, iPad and MacPro will be in sync.

What a shame. I know I'm not alone. I can't get work to buy me a new Mac (especially since everyone else is on PCs) just so I can use my computer's Addressbook and iCal applications. Otherwise it's still a viable computer.

I'm hoping there's some 3rd party programmer out there working on solving this issue. There are just too many Leopard computers out there with lots of life in them to become obsolete because of iCloud. What a strange way to kill a computer product and OS line.

S

Mac Pro 3.0 GHz Quad-Core, iPad WiFi/3G, iPhone4, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 30" HP Display, 22" Cinema Display

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 8:37 PM

11 replies

Jan 21, 2012 3:09 PM in response to BDAqua

What I'm hoping happens is that Leopard users will be able via 3rd party app to be able to make changes in Leopard Addressbook or iCal and have these edits sync to your iOS5 devices and Lion computers.

I remember when I used to have a Palm and Palm stopped supporting the Mac that a company called MarkSpace had an app called Missing Sync that took over where Palm quit so you could Sync your Addressbook and iCal to your Palm Treo and visa versa. Worked even better than Palm's software when they were supporting the Mac.

Speaking of which... I think I'll contact MarkSpace and see if they have software for Leopard to keep Leopard computers in the sync loop.

I'll report back..

Steven

Feb 12, 2012 8:33 AM in response to Steven Shmerler

I had the same problem and found a workaround to sync in Leopard 10.5.8.

-Sign in on the icloud page with your apple id and open the agenda

-select an agenda and press the button to share it

-make the agenda public (share)

-click the email link and send the invitation to yourself

-open your mail and confirm the subscription

-ical will open and confirm there too.

-In the info window that opens you can select the auto-refresh interval.

-to get rid of the double events uncheck the original agenda and use the subscribed one.

-repeat these steps for all your agenda's in icloud.

Greetz Frank

Feb 16, 2012 8:45 AM in response to BDAqua

The problem with the post above is that events created in ical don't sync to icloud,ical can only retrieve it from the cloud,so I tried something to solve that.

Just figured out how to get an icloud-account in ical for Leopard 10.5.8

you'll find the info in:

~/library/calendars/[the calendar that ends with] .caldav/info.plist

Open the info.plist with textedit

somewhere down the page you'll find <key>PrincipalURL</key>

underneath this:

<string>https://p02-caldav.icloud.com:/XXXXXXXXX/calendars/YYYYYYYY-YYYY-YYYY-YYYY-Y/</string>

X.....being your unique ID

Y.....being the calender ID

In ical:

-Click create account

-description = whatever name you like

-user name= apple id

-password=apple id

-server options= https://p02-caldav.icloud.com/[your unique ID]/principal/

This creates the icloud account.

Than:

-export a calendar to the desktop

-drag the calendar on the icloud account

there's your icloud calendar!

click 'get info' from that calendar and you will see the url that should connect to icloud but......it doesn't!

Can anyone help me with that please?

I tried a thousand different url's but I can't get ical to connect with icloud.

Greetz Frank

Jul 11, 2012 6:30 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi

Yes it works.

Tried it out on a few of my calenders now.

Done the "Share" thing through both iCloud Calandar within safari browser, and iCal on my Macbook Pro running 10.7.4.

All work, my iCal on my Mac Tower running 10.5.8. Set them to update every five mins, and changes or new items have appeared.

The alerts don't travel accross. (However one mac and a phone allerting me should be enough without another mac behind me shouting at me as well.)

No all I need is a way of getting the address book to sync and I might be happy with Apple once again

Thank you Frank for a nice simple solution

Rob

Is there a workaround so for Leopard and iCloud yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.