8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 6:50 AM by dexmachina
DVX100Shooter Level 3 Level 3 (845 points)

I am noticing a lot of my songs don't have the album artwork any more and even when I go into my iTunes Library and right click on the song and select Get Album Artwork, nothing happens. I used to have ALL art work to all songs purchased in the iTunes Store and songs I got elsewhere or imported from a CD didn't have the art work.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.33 Dual Core; 1st Generation
  • Raymond Kam Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I just noticed that for many of my albums (downloaded from iTunes or ripped from CD's), the first song's album art was missing. I don't know when it started doing this. Since iTunes' Cover Flow gets the graphic from the first song, I got many blank ones in my Cover Flow now.

Mac Pro (2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6GB RAM), Mac OS X 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5.3 Mac.

• Franco Borgo Level 1 Level 1 (50 points)

I have the same problem but if I do a command info on the first song of an album, the artwork come back.

But doing it to my whole librairy is a lot of work.

• Jenmelia Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I recently did the iTunes upgrade for my phone, after that some of my album artwork is missing.  Everything was purchased thru iTunes.

I have gone in and selected "get missing artwork" but nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do?

same here, but try what i did

in iTunes, select the first song of an album with missing artwork (but was there before)

CMD-I, and then close the windows

if the artwork now appear in itunes

then

re-sync your phone, then go to your phone to see if the artwork is there.

it worked for me

• Raymond Kam Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I like the command-I solution. Thank you so much!! I wonder how they could have a bug like this!!

I dont know but it seems that some people don't have this problem.

• Jenmelia Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, I will give it a try!

• dexmachina Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I frequently encounter the same issue and noticed a pattern: The artwork of the first songs of the first couple of albums in my Library goes missing after the data has been offline during a prior iTunes launch. My Library contents are on an external hard drive, and when iTunes tries to cache/display the artwork and cannot find the resources, they remain missing even when the files are present at a consequent launch. Command-Info seems to force a re-scan and fix the issue.

I believe this qualifies as a bug. Somebody should probably submit this...