Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my Album Artwork?

I am noticing a lot of my songs don't have the album artwork any more and even when I go into my iTunes Library and right click on the song and select Get Album Artwork, nothing happens. I used to have ALL art work to all songs purchased in the iTunes Store and songs I got elsewhere or imported from a CD didn't have the art work.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.33 Dual Core; 1st Generation

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 11:20 PM

I just noticed that for many of my albums (downloaded from iTunes or ripped from CD's), the first song's album art was missing. I don't know when it started doing this. Since iTunes' Cover Flow gets the graphic from the first song, I got many blank ones in my Cover Flow now.

Mac Pro (2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6GB RAM), Mac OS X 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5.3 Mac.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2012 11:20 PM in response to DVX100Shooter

I just noticed that for many of my albums (downloaded from iTunes or ripped from CD's), the first song's album art was missing. I don't know when it started doing this. Since iTunes' Cover Flow gets the graphic from the first song, I got many blank ones in my Cover Flow now.

Mac Pro (2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6GB RAM), Mac OS X 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5.3 Mac.

Mar 9, 2012 6:50 AM in response to DVX100Shooter

I frequently encounter the same issue and noticed a pattern: The artwork of the first songs of the first couple of albums in my Library goes missing after the data has been offline during a prior iTunes launch. My Library contents are on an external hard drive, and when iTunes tries to cache/display the artwork and cannot find the resources, they remain missing even when the files are present at a consequent launch. Command-Info seems to force a re-scan and fix the issue.

I believe this qualifies as a bug. Somebody should probably submit this...

Where is my Album Artwork?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.