Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is Macbook air 13" good enough for adobe photoshop cs5

i want a portable laptop but i don't know if the macbook air 13" can handle CS5 properly for editing my photos?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 3:40 AM

2 replies

Jan 21, 2012 7:00 AM in response to ren16

It will run, but there is a glitch with the Intel HD 3000 graphics card and PS CS5 at the moment. Resizing brushes in Photoshop can be irritating. There is a thread about it here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/brushes_not_working_on_201 1_macbook_air

It is a problem with the video card drivers in Mac OS X, and something that Apple must fix. It's not a deal-breaker, but it is annoying.

Aside from this minor annoyance, PS CS5 should run okay. Keep in mind that the fancy 3D features of CS5 Extended (if you get that version) may not work as fast or as well as they might on a machine with discrete graphics instead of dedicated. I run PS on a 13" MacBook Pro and it works just fine in my experience.

Jan 21, 2012 7:55 AM in response to JMF

Hmm - I've had a 2011 MBA for a month now and I use Photoshop CS5 and never came across this bug until you mentioned it here. Obviously I don't often use brushes that large. (In fact the only time I ever would is when I'd use a special 'stamp' brush which even then I don't use at those sizes very often.

Back to ren16 - the only annoyance I have using PS is the size of the display itself, but it is sometthing i got used to a long time ago since I came to the 13" MBA from a 13" MBP. It is something of a truism with Adobe products that the bigger your display, the happier you are. I sometimes do resort to plugging my MBA into a larger external display. Otherwise, the MBA is a great performer for me.

is Macbook air 13" good enough for adobe photoshop cs5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.