Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LifeProof or Otterbox Defender Case

I really need some help deciding between the Lifeproof or Otterbox Defender case for the iPhone 4s. Please!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 6:38 AM

6 replies

Dec 11, 2012 6:43 PM in response to Nick9731

LIFEPROOF BUYER BEWARE! If you are considering a case for your iPhone know that lifeproof has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! One example, Purchased a lifeproof 4s pink case for Christmas present for $80. My daughter just broke phone so we purchased iPhone 5. Instead of returning unopened Sealed case asked to switch to a different color for my sons phone( said any color that isn't a girl color). Was told that they would not and never do give color exchanges for any reason. I couldn't believe I wasn't even asking for a refund JUST a color change.

Contacted LIFEPROOF about issue On phone for an hour explaining what ridiculous policy this is.

I just purchased between sister and myself four iPhone 5' s for Christmas. I explained that I will be buying all OTTER BOX for my phones. He said sorry that is their policy.

Went to AT&T with the receipt from their store and asked to exchange for different color they could see the box was sealed and said sorry they can't change color it is lifeproof policy. I have never heard of something soooo ridiculous. I have heard many bad stories from friends about their customer service and some damage problems not to mention I once purchased a lifeproof on amazon only to find out it was counterfeit. That is not their fault but just something to be worried about when purchasing a lifeproof. If you aren't sure go OTTERBOX

May 18, 2013 5:23 AM in response to Nick9731

Lifeproof is overpriced garbage. My daugher was sitting on a chair and dropped her iphone no more than 2 feet, both the front and back glass broke when it was in a lifeproof case. This case provided absolutely no protection. If you like nice looking overpriced things then this is the case for you. If you want a case that protects your phone cleary the Otter Box is the right choice.

Dec 4, 2013 4:10 AM in response to Alphadog_123

Lifeproof has it's pros and cons. It definently has better protection- I've dropped my phone on the sidewalk and into the lake countless times. The audio port is a little annoying, and not all battery chargers fit into it. Otterbox seems to be very bulky and ugly- plus Lifeproof comes with an audio adapter. If you do end up getting a Lifeproof- get a dock extender, just in case. Now let me tell you, this opinion has nothing to do with customer service, etc.- but if I were you, Lifeproof.

LifeProof or Otterbox Defender Case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.