Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri not remembering WIFE as a relationship

When I ask Siri to remember x as my wife, she adds the same to my info and it shows up correctly, but when I ask her to call my wife, she says Have put this info manually and tried too!! There is no wife number for me.My info under siri is correct and so is the relationship info. When I turn Siri Off n then on it finds my wife number n dials it correctly, but it only does that ONCE Pretty wierd huh! The second time around it again gives me "the same number not found" message. Have configured every thing correctly and am using icloud. If i ask her to call my spouse, only then she finds the correct contact and Dials BUT I WANT TO ADDRESS HER AS MY WIFE.( Have done the labeling correctly too) She even calls my daughter correctly (who is listed as my child in the relationships) Go figure!!! kindly help if u can figure this out...cheers,

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 6:45 AM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2012 4:41 AM in response to ClayG

I did all that and Siri calls my wife when I ask her to call my spouse but the moment i tell her to call my wife, she says sorry there is no wife number for me. But get this, when I turn siri off and then turn her back on n I ask her to call my wife she does it immidiately. Then I close siri n try it again, guess what? I get the same message sorry, there is no wife number for me!!!! Have tried it a thousand times......Have restored the iphone 3 times since yesterday.....NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK....kindly help.....ANYONE??????

Sep 10, 2014 1:15 PM in response to virenn

Not sure if this is the same problem, especially since it's an older thread, but I was having the same relationship calling/texting issue with Siri. I figured out a work around for this issue. Try deleting the middle names of the relationships stored in your contact card. Let me know if it works for you. Read my blog post about it here:http://alwayswithyouwhatcannotbedone.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/siri-content-not-a vailable-work-around-no-middle-names/

siri not remembering WIFE as a relationship

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.