Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disk image mounts automatically

Since a couple of days I am experiencing a mysterious problem: a disk image (.dmg) file keeps mounting automatically under certain circumstances.

This is what happens:

- when I reboot my Mac

or

- whenever I choose 'Print' in an application and then select a print option or choose a printer from the printer popuplist

the image mounts and the windows displaying the contents shows in the Finder.

The image is a MacUpdate Promo image of 2009. It is read-only and it is stored on a network drive (a USB disk attached to the Airport Extreme). I can unmount the image, and the network drive, no problem. No files in use. But when I choose Print etc , it appears again!

Now, this image has been there for almost a year, and the problem started only two weeks ago, when I searched the disk for a piece of software (which I didn't find, so I never installed anything off the disk image).

I'm running MacOSX 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro 15" (2010).

I am not aware of any preference setting that causes this. The .dmg file is not in the list of login items.

Anyone an idea what's causing this?

HE

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone4

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 1:24 PM

1 reply

disk image mounts automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.