Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share to DVD or Compressor 4

Hello,

I'm not a big time Hollywood producer - just film weddings and looking to get the highest quality look to DVD.

Is the "share to DVD" built in FCP X a good choice for my situation or do I really need to buy and use Compressor 4?

I'm also looking to create a DVD full of my Wedding Traillers (www.vimeo.com/postcreationstudios)

I want to take about 6 of them and put them on one DVD for samples to hand out.

How can I send Multiple Projects to burn as one DVD?

How does the client get to choose a trailer when "share to DVD" (or Compressor 4 for that matter) have NO Menu screens?

I do have iDVD on my system. Should I use that to burn a DVD?

If the answer is yes - then I would assume to "share to export media" from the FCP X Menu?

Is iDVD the same engine as using "share to DVD" with in FCP X?

My main concern is getting that low quality VHS iMovie look that I see so many complaints about.

I just want super sharp clear images with minimal degregation to my orginal footage.

As you can see my footage on Vimeo is super clear and sharp and I'm hoping to get that kind of quality on DVD.

Thank you for your time.

John

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Octo Core Mac Pro with 30" ACD

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 4:34 PM

2 replies

Share to DVD or Compressor 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.