Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using PhotoStream

I'm having trouble using PhotoStream. I've used it 3 times to copy photos to iPhoto, but don't have it right.

Today I took some photos with my grandchildren. And my grandson accidentally took a bunch of screen shots. I went home and opened iPhoto, and clicked on PhotoStream. It asked me if I wanted to use Photostream. (It didn't ask me the 2nd time I used it, I wonder why it did this time). I tried selecting individual photos to move to an event. As I selected one, the screen refreshed and I saw that I selected a different one. After about 5 minutes of this nonsense, I had the photos I wanted to select, and I dragged them to events.

Except there was an event with all of my photostream photos, not one with just these photos. Some of those photos were from previous days. So I went through and selected individual photos and deleted them. I have no idea which are the high res photos from my iPhone, and which were the duplicates, so I went to my iPhone and told it not to save the duplicates. (There must be some way to tell). Googling, I found that I can delete every photo on PhotoStream, but not individual ones. I have to decide which of these poor choices is better. If I have work photos, I'll have to delete all of them.

Then I went to my iPhone and tried to select all of my photos to delete them. I didn't figure it out, so I tapped on each one individually until they were all selected, and deleted them. Or maybe I should have plugged my phone directly into my computer and run image capture.

I'm wondering if I should rename the "Jan 2012 Photo Stream" event so I don't add to it next time I have photos in January, it will leave that event alone. I don't want all of the photos I already deleted from it to show up again.

Do you recommend any different procedures to make this "just work"?

24, Mac OS X (10.7), Home workgroup

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 11:32 AM

Check your iPhoto preferences, you likely already have Photostream set to add its photos to events, Photostream creates an event for each month. A Photo can be in only one event, but as many albums as you wish. It sounds as though you may not fully understand events.

1 reply

Using PhotoStream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.