Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing languages

Hi,

I have asked this in another thread but the response is I need to recreate the book... I hope there is a better solution for me.

When I started to create the book, the native language is in Chinese, but now all the prefix like Chapter/Section is in Chinese even though I now editing the book in English.

Is it possible to change the Chapter/Section prefix to English... without rewriting everything from scratch? I have written close to 100 pages with videos, please help!

iBooks Author-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 10:45 PM

I've just tried this (with Japanese, not Chinese - changing the word 'Chapter' to its Japanese equivalent). You can do it by changing the template texts in the Layout pane. Your changes should propagate through the entire book.

I also discovered that using the 'Advanced' pane of the Find/Replace function does not work with placeholder text, but only on text that you yourself have entered.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2012 10:45 PM in response to limtc

I've just tried this (with Japanese, not Chinese - changing the word 'Chapter' to its Japanese equivalent). You can do it by changing the template texts in the Layout pane. Your changes should propagate through the entire book.

I also discovered that using the 'Advanced' pane of the Find/Replace function does not work with placeholder text, but only on text that you yourself have entered.

Changing languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.