Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork won't start when Lion Client is connecting to Leopard Server (OD)

When connecting to a Leopard Server (Open Directory), I can't open iWork, Mail or iPhoto. I do not get an error message, when I log in. But if I open an iWork file, the programm will crash (beachball). I get a few messages in the console like:

NetAuthSysAgent CFPreferences: user home directory atfile://localhost/Network/Servers/leoserver.msg.intern/Volumes/LehrerHD%201/Ho/ is unavailable. User domains will be volatile.

21.01.12 23:13:27,367 xpchelper CFPreferences: user home directory atfile://localhost/Network/Servers/leoserver.msg.intern/Volumes/LehrerHD%201/Ho/ is unavailable. User domains will be volatile.

System Events ### Error:18446744073709551581 File:/SourceCache/AccountsPref/AccountsPref-183.3/LoginItem.m Line:75

I don't have any problems with SL clients. Is this a server or a client problem? What can I do?

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 2:07 AM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2012 3:49 PM in response to michaelhoch

If I log in into a Lion Server with the same Mac, I don't have any problems with Pages, iPhoto,...

So can Lion Clients not Log in into 10.5 Servers? Any Ideas?

In Console I get this error when logging in to OD and 10.5 server

CFPreferences: user home directory atfile://localhost/Network/Servers/leoserver.msg.intern/Volumes/LehrerHD%201/Ho/ is unavailable. User domains will be volatile.

Jul 26, 2012 9:47 AM in response to michaelhoch

Hello michaelhoch,

could you find any solution?

I have the same setup: OS X Leopard Server 10.5.8, and Snow Leopard Clients. Everything worked fine. But now I get the first OS X Lion Client, and I can not use Mail, iChat, iCal and so on. I found the same errormessage in Console, and I think I also have a problem with the user directories on the server.

Tanhks

Michael

iWork won't start when Lion Client is connecting to Leopard Server (OD)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.