Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

youtube safari

Hi.

For a little while now ive had problems viewing videos on youtube. I first thought it was youtube it self that was the issue, but after installing firefox i found out that was not the case.

Symptoms:

When opening a movie wether directly on youtube or linked through other page / embedded in other page, it takes a REALLY long time to initialize playback. When it finally decides to start, the majority of clips are shown as 30 - 40 second clips, instead of their ordinary lengths.

(IE; link/icon says 9min 46sec, but playbar at the bottom states 36Sec<- (just a example, this is random but mostly inbetween 30-40sec))

This fixes itself most of the times after a reload of the page or two, but player will not start playing immediately as it used to do.

The player control bar at the bottom has changed a bit, where the full-screen button does not function at all now, it registers that my pointer is over it, but i cant click it, neither can i go up in quality or any other thing except pause the clip.

It stops loading a bit out in the clip, and stops playing when i reach that point. If i then do a refresh, the player most of the time shows that i have buffered the entire clip and playback will start at the beginning and i can view the entire length of the clip.

Playback has some major hickups with 10 - 15 second intervals throughout the entire clip, not affecting audio as much as video.

I have tried disabling my extension, although it has worked on youtube before (adblock).

My freshly installed Firefox has a different design of the player control bar, loads up like it should, allows me to change resolution of clips and plays without hick-ups.

Please help, i want my smooth safari back :s

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:36 AM

I think i fixed the problem.

I reset my Permissions and Safari and now the Safari player looks like the Firefox player and works like it should.

1 reply

youtube safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.