Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing Chinese characters in old Palm Desktop in Mac OS X 10.5.8?

Hello.

My client used his old Windows 2000 SP4 Dell PC for his Palm Treo 680 desktop, Hotsync (backups too), and Palm Desktop with English and Chinese data (characters with CJKOS -- http://www.dyts.com/en/products.html ). He finally switched to his 3+ years old

MacBook Pro with updated Mac OS X 10.5.8 since Palm finally released software for it compared a few years ago. However, Mac's Palm Desktop, iCal, Addressbooks, etc. do not show these Chinese characters.

Do you know how do we display Chinese characters in these program? Other programs like Office 2008, Firefox v3.6.25, etc. show and input Chinese characters just fine. I know we have to use TwinBridge CJK/Chinese Partner v6.0 in Windows 2000 SP4 to show them so I assume it is similiar for Mac OS X. TwinBridge doesn't seem to have a Mac OS X product port. 😟 Is there a similar program (free preferred)?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.4 Ghz; A1260 model; 15" size.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:35 AM

You might want to ask on the Chinese Mac list:

http://groups.google.com/group/chinesemac/

4 replies

Jan 22, 2012 2:52 PM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua wrote:

Hi, no idea what Palm uses, but on Mac Apps might do a Get Info on them & see what Languages are checked...

User uploaded file

The languages options were greyed out and could not add languages, so I had to log into the administrator-level account to add but Finder asked me where which I didn't know. I only saw the common/popular foreign languages (French, Spanish, and German) for Palm Desktop. No Chinese ones. I tried Apple's Address Books, and I saw Chinese and they were checked in non-administrator account. I guess that's not the problem. 😟

Viewing Chinese characters in old Palm Desktop in Mac OS X 10.5.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.