Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix: "setting the first responder view of the table but we don't know its type (cell/header/footer)"?

I have a NavigationViewController that opens a UIViewController with a UITextView...

I tell the text view to becomeFirstResponder so when the view opens the keyboard is ready to go. However, whenever

[((UITextView *)self.textView) becomeFirstResponder];

is called the log shows...

...setting the first responder view of the table but we don't know its type (cell/header/footer)

I have searched and can't find anything about cells, headers, or footers in any of the documentation.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 6:59 AM

1 reply

May 27, 2012 3:13 PM in response to -Chad-

I found my error. In my example, the view shown to the NavigationViewController was declared as a subclass of UITableView per the Xib. So, even though the UI builder let me put items on the canvas under the UITableView, there was a problem giving focus to these items.

Changing the top level view in the Xib from UITableView to a UIView fixed the problem.

How to fix: "setting the first responder view of the table but we don't know its type (cell/header/footer)"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.