Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I judge the power of a MacBook Air?

I use my MacBook Pro to give very video-intensive keynote presentations. Is there some way to be confident (before purchasing a MacBook Air) that the Air would be as capable of rendering and driving such presentations as the Pro?

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 8:08 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2012 8:23 AM in response to Lawrence Lessig

I would go into an Apple store, ask to talk to someone really knowledgable, and, if possible, have them show me what the laptops can do with video presentations. In all Apple stores there is a screen where presentations of programs are offered. These people should now what each product can do--how much it can do--and may (no promises) be able to demonstrate.

We, here, of course, can't quite answer your question off the bat. But it would help if we knew what you mean by video intensive presentation and what it is you're using now for them. What programs are you creating the video presentations with? How much RAM do they require to create? How much space do they take up on the HD?

How can I judge the power of a MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.