Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network not shown

I connected my iMac running 10.6.8 with a Macbook Pro running Lion. On the Macbook the iMac is shown in the finder column, but the macbook does not appear in the finder of the iMac.

The ethernet connection is fine, as when running the migration assistent it is possible to copy content of the macbook to the iMac, but not the other way round.

What can I do to make a network between the 2 Macs in order to be able to copy content in both directions?

iMac 2.93 Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 4G ram

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 9:32 AM

Is the built-in firewall (or any firewall) active on the MBP? If so, deactivate it and try again. Check the Sharing preference pane on the MBP to make sure File Sharing is active and the settings are what you think they are. Also, on the iMac, make sure you're showing network servers in the Finder's preferences.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2012 9:32 AM in response to Bart De Mylle

Is the built-in firewall (or any firewall) active on the MBP? If so, deactivate it and try again. Check the Sharing preference pane on the MBP to make sure File Sharing is active and the settings are what you think they are. Also, on the iMac, make sure you're showing network servers in the Finder's preferences.

network not shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.