Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

message with every website

this has just started with my laptop (doesn't do this on my imac) but when i visit websites i get the following message

safari can't verify th identity of the website "googleads.g.doubleclick.net

the certificate for this website is not yet valid. you might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "googleads.g.doubleclick.net" , which could put your confidential information at risk. would you like to connect to the website anyway?

what is going on with this? also, i posted earlier, the battery has to be charging all the time or it shuts down. could this be connected?

thank you, mocie lady

imac, ibook, airport extreme, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 9:32 AM

12 replies

Jan 24, 2012 3:39 PM in response to iCare

thanks icare but that did not work either. when trying to get on this page afterwards i got this message

can't verify the identity of the website "discussions.apple.com"

the certificate for this website is not yet valid. you might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "discussions.apple.com", which could put your confidential information at risk.

any other ideas? thank you all for your post.

Feb 6, 2012 9:22 AM in response to movie lady

was hoping someone else would come along with advice. still having the problem with battery, having to keep charged while using or it shuts down but everytime i go to a website i get the message that i am visiting a site that might be frauduant. there is also a site i go to that it lets me go to the site but i cannot sign in to my acct. is this related to the battery issue or is this separate?

thank you.

Feb 6, 2012 9:50 AM in response to movie lady

I think your battery issue and website issue are unrelated. To address your battery issues you may want to post your question in the section for MacBooks since this is actually an iMac forum.

In order to try and resolve your fraudulent website issue I suggest trying to download the FireFox browser from Mozilla to see if it has the same issue with the websites you are visiting. You can download the Firefox browser here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

If the FireFox browser works and Safari continues to generate alerts then you may want to contact Apple for further assistance.

Feb 6, 2012 12:23 PM in response to movie lady

the certificate for this website is not yet valid.

That message usually indicates the date on your machine has reverted to a date earlier than the 'start' date set for the certificate.

Check the date setting in the Date & Times prefs in System Preferences.

The change of date can certainly be caused by a too-weak battery, especially if it is your habit to unplug the machine.

message with every website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.