12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 6:57 AM by movie lady
movie lady Level 2 Level 2 (175 points)

this has just started with my laptop (doesn't do this on my imac) but when i visit websites i get the following message

safari can't verify th identity of the website "googleads.g.doubleclick.net

the certificate for this website is not yet valid.  you might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "googleads.g.doubleclick.net" , which could put your confidential information at risk.  would you like to connect to the website anyway?

what is going on with this?  also, i posted earlier, the battery has to be charging all the time or it shuts down.  could this be connected? 

thank you, mocie lady

imac, ibook, airport extreme, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • dwb Level 7 Level 7 (21,785 points)

Open Safari Preferences and select the Security tab. Is the Fraudulent sits option checked?

• movie lady Level 2 Level 2 (175 points)

yes it was put it always has been.  i get this message on apples website even.  i unchecked it and will see how it does.  if fixed i will come back and click "correct answer"  thank you for answering my post and so quickly!

no still doing it only now it gives me a different message.  same jest only a different "net:.. driving me crazy.  any other ideas?

• iCare Level 4 Level 4 (1,765 points)

What happens if you pull down the Safari menu and select 'Reset Safari'?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9300.html

thanks icare but that did not work either.  when trying to get on this page afterwards i got this message

can't verify the identity of the website "discussions.apple.com"

the certificate for this website is not yet valid.  you might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "discussions.apple.com", which could put your confidential information at risk. 

any other ideas?  thank you all for your post.

was hoping someone else would come along with advice.   still having the problem with battery, having to keep charged while using or it shuts down but everytime i go to a website i get the message that i am visiting a site that might be frauduant.  there is also a site i go to that it lets me go to the site but i cannot sign in to my acct.  is this related to the battery issue or is this separate?

thank you.

• rkaufmann87 Level 9 Level 9 (50,705 points)

Movie lady,

What version of OS X is your system running,  your profile indicates 10.6.7.  Also please advise when this problem began and if you made any changes or updates prior to the issue starting?

• iCare Level 4 Level 4 (1,765 points)

I think your battery issue and website issue are unrelated. To address your battery issues you may want to post your question in the section for MacBooks since this is actually an iMac forum.

In order to try and resolve your fraudulent website issue I suggest trying to download the FireFox browser from Mozilla to see if it has the same issue with the websites you are visiting. You can download the Firefox browser here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

If the FireFox browser works and Safari continues to generate alerts then you may want to contact Apple for further assistance.

thank you for your reply.  the laptop is running tiger.  i don't have it in front of me, i am upstairs (disabled) but will post later after trying the firefox icare mentioned also. 

thanks again -  will post later.  i think i need to purchase a new laptop.  i have 3 macs and i am having trouble with al three.  eeerrgghhh

thank you for suggesting firefox.  i will try that for sure and see if it helps.  as mentioned in other post i think i need to buy another laptop... just trying to get up the cash.  3 macs and issues with all of them. 

than you i will post back later.

• Don Archibald Level 10 Level 10 (101,285 points)

the certificate for this website is not yet valid.

That message usually indicates the date on your machine has reverted to a date earlier than the 'start' date set for the certificate.

Check the date setting in the Date & Times prefs in System Preferences.

The change of date can certainly be caused by a too-weak battery, especially if it is your habit to unplug the machine.

thank you don for the post.  i have changed and saved the new date.  after talking with a tech person i was told my battery is fried and will have to be replaced.  i have made the decision to purchase a new laptop which i needed anyway.  thank you again,