Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where do I find my network security key

To set up my Brother wireless printer I need to input encryption key but don't know where it is, where can I find this

Time Capsule 802.11n (3rd Gen), Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 9:35 AM

9 replies

Jan 22, 2012 9:39 AM in response to Fasching

If you are asking about the Time Capsule wireless network......

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click Manual Setup

Look all the way up to the extreme upper left hand corner of the screen and locate the Apple icon

Just to the right of the Apple icon, you will see the AirPort Utility menus

Click on the Base Station menu and click Equivalent Network Password and your "key" will appear.

Jan 22, 2012 8:23 PM in response to Fasching

That is the "key" for your wireless network.

But, it is very unusual that this would be required for your printer to connect. Normally, all that is required for a wireless device to be able to connect is the regular wireless network password.

But, I'm not familiar with Brother products, so I suppose that It is possible that they might require this type of information.

I would suggest that you check again with the Brother support folks to confirm if this is really the information that the printer needs.

where do I find my network security key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.