Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to never have photos tagged in Facebook

I use Faces to help me find photos of people. I use Facebook integration to share albums. But I don't want to tag people in photos on Facebook. I noticed in the last album uploaded that all kinds of people were tagged without me knowing. How I can I prevent that from happening, other than stopping publishing Facebook albums using Aperture?

Mac OS X (10.6.8), iOS 5 and all apps up-to-date

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 10:25 AM

3 replies

Jan 22, 2012 10:38 AM in response to Richard Tench

When you export your albums from aperture to a folder on your disk, and upload them from the folder to Facebook, you can prevent the inclusion of faces:

Aperture menu -> Preferences -> Export

uncheck "Include face info" in exported photos.

I cannot check, if this would also stop faces from being uploaded to facebook, when you upload directly, since I do not have a facebook account.

Regards

Léonie

Jan 22, 2012 11:00 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Hi Kirby and Léonie. Thanks! I have now unchecked that setting. Unfortunately, when I then ran a test upload to Facebook, when I then hovered my cursor over the person's face in Facebook his name appeared. I definitely don't want that to happen.

So Léonie, I will revert to your method -- avoiding use of Facebook integration in Aperture -- unless someone posts a way to prevent people's names from uploading.

How to never have photos tagged in Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.