Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to my .me email account after June 30?

When I signed up for iCloud, I was told I could keep my .me email address, but now I'm not so sure. What do I need to know?

Also, does iCloud have anything like iDisk for sharing large files, or should I be using something like DropBox?

Thanks.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Running the new 10.7

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 12:01 PM

At this point in time iCloud does not offer raw storage capabilities, Dropbox would be great for your larger files. I soley use Dropbox because I don't think that iCloud Document sync is ready.

In regards to your @me.com email address, I believe you will be able to keep it becuase if you create a new iCloud account with a new email address then the email will be @me.com.

Also if you used Apple MobileMe to iCloud migrater you shouldn't have any problems with the transition.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2012 12:01 PM in response to Paul Kirtley

At this point in time iCloud does not offer raw storage capabilities, Dropbox would be great for your larger files. I soley use Dropbox because I don't think that iCloud Document sync is ready.

In regards to your @me.com email address, I believe you will be able to keep it becuase if you create a new iCloud account with a new email address then the email will be @me.com.

Also if you used Apple MobileMe to iCloud migrater you shouldn't have any problems with the transition.

Jan 22, 2012 1:38 PM in response to Jack Fungi

If you migrate your MobileMe account at http://me.com/move your email, and calendars, contacts an bookmarks syncing will be transferred to iCloud. Your @me.com address will continue to work for the forseeable future.

Lion 10.7.2 is required for iCloud, though it's possible to set Mail on earlier systems up manually to access your email (but other syncing is not available).

Dec 18, 2013 2:31 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

HI Roger and any others who have lost me.com, it is gone! and with it valuable Emails from clients and friends who have sent via me.com, Apple is totally irresponsible and don not have any regard for the people who use their OS, they said the me Emails would automatically be transferred to icloud.com but they have not, simply that, they have not, and in not doing so have caused a tremendous amount of grief for their supporters

Dec 18, 2013 11:45 PM in response to Me4forum

Nobody who had an @me.com email address has lost it, as long as they followed Apple's repeated advice to migrate to iCloud before June 30th last year (2012).

If you failed to do as Apple said, then your old MobileMe account will have been deleted along with its contents. Apple were telling customers for over a year what to do and by when.

You were warned repeatedly that MobileMe was ending and that you needed to migrate to iCloud 18 months ago to retain your @me.com address.

Why are you commenting on this so long after the cut off date?

Dec 18, 2013 11:52 PM in response to Me4forum

Has your @me.com address worked at any time since the end of July last year? When you opened your iCloud account did you do so by following the instructions to migrate from MobileMe, or did you start from scatch? Is your iCloud login your @me.com address or the @mac.com or @icloud.com variant of it, or is it a different email address (don't post it here)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.