Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server not responding. What should I do?

Whenever I try to get on the internet, it brings up the message "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding". What should I do to fix this problem?

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 1:58 PM

I am connected to the Wi-Fi network. I have tried "forgetting" that network and logging in again. I have tried powering off and starting up again. Nothing seems to be working. What is the next solution?

7 replies

Aug 2, 2012 6:46 AM in response to brause.5940

Halo,

I also have this problem.

Safari cannot open the page because the server stopped responding.

I have the indication that wifi is working properly, I know that because when i tried to open like kompas - news app in indonesia - it is no problem.

Just with safari, you tube and app store.

I already tried to reset the network, restore to factory setting ans STILL nothing can help me.

WHY apple still have this problem?? and from many forums, i found this kind of problem and always no answer can satisfy customer using iphone or ipad (in my case).

Please apple... helllllppppp //for the sake of your good reputation,,,,,,

because i love apple -:)

Jan 22, 2012 1:51 PM in response to brause.5940

You are not connecting to the Internet even though you may see the WiFi indicator as showing that you are receiving the WiFi signal.

Go to Settings>WiFi and see if your home WiFi network is listed in the settings. if it is - tap on it and see if it connects. A checkmark will appear to the left of the name if it connects.

Look here for help

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/wifi/

And look here as well

Troubleshooting WiFi and Network connections

Jan 22, 2012 3:50 PM in response to brause.5940

I should have said that you are not connected to that network. Can you send and receive email and access iTunes Store and the App Store?

If you can't access any of those or you can't send email - you are not connected to the internet. You can try rebooting your router. Unplug it for about 30 seconds and then plug it in again.

Sep 21, 2012 11:02 PM in response to brause.5940

I am also having this problem, but with my Iphone 4. It just started randomly today. I am connected to my Wi-Fi network and it shows that I am, but whenever I try to use the internet it loads very slowly and I get "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." My Wi-Fi is working on my computer, as I am able to post this.

Server not responding. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.