Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV keeps saying "iTunes is currently unavailable. Try again later" after 23 seconds of playing a song through iTunes match!!! How do I fix it?

I keep trying to play music through iTunes match and it playing a song for about 23 seconds then puts this error message up on the screen "iTunes is currently unavailable. Try again later". I need help on how to fix it!?!?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 3:29 PM

21 replies

Jan 22, 2012 7:59 PM in response to Sethjacob14

Thats similar to whats going on with me except with TV or itunes store movies

every 9 min it gets cut off to a black screen and yello triangel with itunes not available please try again later message, I can resume but 9 min later same thing, I think it has to to with Apple and maybe even their server

I called and spent most of the morning with them and we tried other things like netflix and streaming from my library and no problems at all.

I would play some music from your library and if it plays without cutting off then its itunes.

the tech support thinks it could be the servers we are using for itunes, or a bug issue with the new update but check if you can stream music fine through your library,

They suggested that everyone files a complaint throught the express lane to itunes store and this way we can see a fix faster

Jan 22, 2012 8:21 PM in response to Sethjacob14

yeah its them, its been like this for me since the 19th, anything I use off itunes store cuts off

Apple care for Apple tv says its itunes store and they sent me through 3 levels of support and finally agreed its itunes and to keep filing support help through express lane.

I hope to see a fix soon, I will keep calling if I dont and bug them both

Jan 23, 2012 5:44 PM in response to Sethjacob14

Yeah, it's them (as in, it's their streaming servers) not our software or set up. Am having exactly the same issue streaming TV shows to an Apple TV 2 over the past couple of days. No issues streaming itunes TV shows and movies prior to that, and no current issues streaming from Netflix, internal streaming from the macs etc. I have a 50mbps broadband connection (and have tested that it's running fine) so the issue is definitely not connectivity at my end. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon, as it makes shows unwatchable...

Jan 23, 2012 7:09 PM in response to Sethjacob14

Same here it's been going on for a few days now. All cloud music stops on 22-23 seconds. All iTunes video of any kind rented will contiously drop the connection every so many minutes. I have to back out and into Play/Resume where left off just to finish a movie. VERY annoying indeed. My setup has worked flawlessly since I bought my ATV 2 on release date. It's sad an update has crippled it so.

patiently waiting for the fix...........................

Jan 23, 2012 7:29 PM in response to Sethjacob14

Please call Apple care if you have it for your Apple tv

I have been calling them everyday and they are great they also think its itunes and after this last call I had they itune store support said it might be my network which is BS, I have 2 xbox consoles that have every video app installed hulu, netflix, vudu and zune and not one of them are having issues and my apple tv netflix plays perfect along with streaming from my library. I tested my network and also have the lightening speed service from my isp.

they want me now to go to the apple store and visit the genuis bar and have them test it on their tv's, and I am unable to do that for almost a week and honestly its not my network it is them, I even opened a new Apple tv I got for the family room and tested that out and same thing every 9 min (8min 59sec) it cuts out and I have to resume it till the next 9 min.

If everyone calls them and they get flooded with complaints they will see its not one persons network but something with itunes servers

Jan 24, 2012 2:03 AM in response to Sethjacob14

I have THE some problem as well since jan 19, on both my apple tvs. But YouTube and vimeo and rent movies are working. The problem is only at the tv shows! I did a hard reset I did a reset on the router, I disconnect all cables, nothing works! Still after 9 minutes I get

iTunes is currently unavailable. Try again later. Then I go back to menu en start play, the show starts but after 9 minutes it comes again.

Help us apple!!!

Jan 24, 2012 2:27 PM in response to Sethjacob14

we are having the same problem. Set up AVT2 on Sunday evening (22nd) and atempting to play songs via itunes. It lasted 25 seconds on every one an the error message appears.

Checked home sharing etc turned on and again same problem, now only 23 seconds.

We thought it was somehting we were doing as we are new to apple and not very techi.... but relieved to know it isnt something we are doing, however it is very frustrating.

We will attempt to contact apple first thing in the morning as offices now closed in UK

Lets hope this gets resolved as we want to start using apple tv!!

Steve

Stockport, UK

My Apple TV keeps saying "iTunes is currently unavailable. Try again later" after 23 seconds of playing a song through iTunes match!!! How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.