Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is "Import Error"?

My issue is exactly like this story:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/government/itunes-publisher-inexplicably-fails-to-publ ish-an-ibook-now-what/9027

Validation success, deliver success -> nothing happened, nothing to manage -> Status is "Import Error", no error messages to know what to do.

What should I do? I have been trying (and waiting) for many times, looking for any possible suggestions to try.

I am using iBooks Author to generate iBooks format, to publish as free book.

iBooks Author-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 4:01 PM

7 replies

Jan 25, 2012 8:26 AM in response to limtc

I had the same problem and solved it. I deleted all movie files. Then I re-encoded them (quicktime export setting iPod touch & iPhone 3GS). I then deleted all images that I had used istant alpha on. Selected publish again. Filled all info into itunes producer. saved and delivered it. This time it worked. I'm not sure if it was the video or instant alpha, but it most have been some kind of formatting issue that involved one of them. Hope this helps.

Jan 25, 2012 2:29 PM in response to mfennell

This makes sense. I am going to give this a try - on my side, here's my situation:

- I do have a lot of little movies, originally created for QuickTimes, all of them have been re-encoded for iPod touch/iPhone, so this should not be the case.

- I don't have any images I did with instant alpha, so this should not be the case.

I do see a potential issue - I have adjusted the width/height of video in iBooks Author, not sure whether this is the case, but you do point me to a direction. Thanks!

Anybody having the "Import Error" solved yet?

Jan 25, 2012 5:29 PM in response to limtc

Just tried to delete some video and re-deliver: import error again!

Does anybody know how to export video to the exact dimension/scale? This is the remaining possibilities (all my videos dimension are set in iBooks Author, they are not the video original dimension as I can't find a way to set it in QuickTime export).

Mar 26, 2013 3:21 AM in response to limtc

I found the guilty greek letter ( ) eta, introduced into my eBook using the Character Viewer of Mac OS X (in the Language & Text System Preference Panel) causing the 'import error' - which actually appeared as typsetting error in the preview of the eBook on my iPad.

Before knowing that, my approach was to continuously delete section by section, submit the truncated eBook (of course from within iBA, pressing the publish button, as advised by iBookstore Support), wait for the 'import error' by using the Lookup Status... in iTP, undo the delete section in iBA, delete the next section and start over again in order to get a quicker feedback. After submitting 17 versions, it was not the movies, it was not the template, nor the galleries and it was not any of the figures but it was the only letter which I then typsetted using the LaTeX markup provided by the 'insert equation' in iBook Author 2.0.

What is "Import Error"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.