Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to add movies from my Panasonic lumix to I photo but they aren't showing up. If I try to import into Imovie they also don't show up on the sd card as importable movies. I am using I photo 9.2 on 10.6.8 and never had a problem before.

My camera can be set to record as motion JPEG or light AVCHD. It was set for AVCHD. Could that be affecting it? If so, can you think of any way I can load these. I am trying to add them to an IMovie I started from a different source.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:29 PM

iPhoto will not import AVCHD video - use iMovie

LN

8 replies

Apr 19, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Stevomacrocket

Stevomacrocket wrote:

I had this problem.

The answer is to close iphoto (you might have to force quit iphoto if it starts automatically when you connect the camera or insert the SD card) and open imovie.

Imovie then presents an import page which easily imports the video into imovie.

It is a real bad idea to "force Quit" iPhoto - if it has any update activity going on that you interrupt you can corrupt your library an close data or even photos - Force quit should ONLY be used in an emergency where there is no other alternative and you are positive that nothing is going on in iPhoto

LN

I am trying to add movies from my Panasonic lumix to I photo but they aren't showing up. If I try to import into Imovie they also don't show up on the sd card as importable movies. I am using I photo 9.2 on 10.6.8 and never had a problem before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.