Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the opening sound each time Safari opens?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:35 PM

14 replies

Feb 5, 2012 3:05 AM in response to mjp74

I get a sound, a cha-ching, just like an old cash register opening every time I start Safari. No other programs, just when I start Safari. I have no extensions running, and I hate to have to take this all the way to the Apple store just to have someone look at something silly like this. But I can't figure it out. It makes my wife laugh though!

Aug 16, 2012 6:34 AM in response to mjp74

<I get a sound, a cha-ching, just like an old cash register opening every time I start Safari. No other programs, just when I start Safari.>

Same problem, drove me nuts too. I think I found the answer for me. Seems to be different from other solutitions. Take a look.

Safari Preferences> Extensions>GMail Notifier>click "Check me to open Settings Window">Notifications. "Sounds" was enabled. The default sound was "bell" which is the mysterious Ka-ching sound. Remove the check mark from sounds and you lose the sound. Hope it works for you.

Derek

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.