Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you move a playlist from once computer to another?, how do you move a playlist from once computer to another?

I have an 80 GB iPod classic that is synched to an older Windows PC laptop running Vista. I have already moved all the music over from the old laptop to the new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. I tried exporting the playlist from the original PC and when I try to import the playlist to the new laptop, I get the following error:

"Some of the songs in the file 'iTunes_PlayList_Music_Jan_22.xml" were not imported because they could not be found.

My only choice is to click "OK" and it adds a generic "Music" playlist every time I attempt this. I just want to preserve the playlists, not copy more songs even if they are missing.

Any suggestions?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:28 PM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2012 7:43 PM in response to Philip Cognetta

You would get better response from the iTunes Community forum.

However, you can try this Apple Support link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

Since you have transfer your music to the new computer, it would be 3/4 of the page down before you get to the library/music/playlist setup.

But do read from the start as you might have skipped certain critical steps.

Good Luck!

how do you move a playlist from once computer to another?, how do you move a playlist from once computer to another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.