Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-order the projects within a folder?

When I try to drag and drop, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, the project often just pops to the top of the project list within the folder. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15" (Early 08), Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:41 PM

Hello,

check, if you have a "keep arranged by" set for your folders. Ctrl-Click on the folder icon in the Library Inspector; then check the "keep arranged by" menu, if you have set a sorting. The ordering should be set to "manual" if you want to reaarange folders.

There is a second sort field in the menu behind the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the Inspector.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2012 5:41 PM in response to Laurelhk

Hello,

check, if you have a "keep arranged by" set for your folders. Ctrl-Click on the folder icon in the Library Inspector; then check the "keep arranged by" menu, if you have set a sorting. The ordering should be set to "manual" if you want to reaarange folders.

There is a second sort field in the menu behind the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the Inspector.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

Jan 22, 2012 5:50 PM in response to Laurelhk

It's a long-standing bug. The work-around is to do a double- or triple-move: move the first Project close to where you want it, then move another Project in such a way as to leave the first one where you really want it.

I have no idea what causes it or how to get rid of it. If it happens regularly, you should probably work your way through the official trouble-shooting steps.

How do I re-order the projects within a folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.