Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same apple ID - Find my iphone

we have two iphones and an ipod touch operating in our house all with the same apple id and one of the iphone were just stolen out my partners van ive logged onto my 'find my iphone' app and it is showing my phone and my sons ipod but not my partners phone (which has just been stolen) my son also recieves messages on his ipod that are sent to my partners iphone and vice versa but my iphone (being the main operator) does not recieve thier msgs so my question is if my partners iphone is switched back on will it show up on the 'find my iphone' app under my sons ipod (if his is not visable through wi-fi) as we are all conected to the same apple id?

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 6:12 PM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2012 6:31 PM in response to rhuah

using "find my iphone" does not matter if you have the 3 devices on the same account.

the reason your lost iphone may not show up is likely...

1) the device is turned off by the theif

2) if the device was not locked with a password, the theif may have been able to turn off the "find my iphone" feature

3) if the device was locked, the theif might have already erased all content and restored the iphone to factory settings

4) find my iphone may never have been turned on, on the device?

Same apple ID - Find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.