Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

snow leopard and HP scanner

Is anyone else having problems getting tehir all in one scanner to work after loading snow leopard?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 7:37 PM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2012 12:51 AM in response to kurt188

Sorry that was a bit brief probably out of frustration. I have an HP Officejet 7410 all in one printer, on a network which was scanning documents just fine until I upgraded to Snow leopard. Now I can print , fax but not scan.

I have reloaded HP software and updated software but still cannot get it to scan.

I now run Leopard 6.8

Any suggestions gratefully received

Jan 23, 2012 9:27 AM in response to chrisbazzer

I have reloaded HP software and updated software but still cannot get it to scan.

Do you mean that you installed the most recent HP Printer Drivers via Software Update?

Have you tried accessing the Scan function from the Image Capture utility in Snow Leopard, or even with Preview (File > Import from Scanner)?

What about trying System Preferences>Printers>[Printer Name]Open Scanner?

Do any of those work for you?

Nov 22, 2014 6:14 PM in response to chrisbazzer

I think most know that HP does not support Mac very much. More the case, they don't support older HP scanners.

The solution I have is to keep an old Mac around with a link to an Airport or ethernet to the printer. Keep or load the old HP software for it with a scanner application.

It does work, believe me. I used an old PowerBook G4 with OS 10.4.11 and HP scanner S/W v 8.1.0 (33). Desktop is OS 10.10.1 so you can imagine the problems.

I had some legal document to sign and email but had to use Acrobat and Word to place the required information but then recalled the old computer which did the job on the original documents.

So, remember all your old Mac's are worth something if not given away and your printer still works.

Pass this info on.

snow leopard and HP scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.