Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I permanently delete photos on photo Stream

I really do not want my photos on Icloud permantley, I want to delete what I do not want to have. How do I delete them

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 8:00 PM

Reset photo stream

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4890

11 replies

Jan 22, 2012 9:27 PM in response to Auntiemom55

Well, I also have that kind of "dream", but I'm sorry about that.

I've checked the Proflie of Photo Stream. And it said the photos in it will be deleted automatically every 30 days.

So don't worry. And I have an idea to deal with it. Turn the Photo Stream off and wait for a while then turn it on. And now you will find the early photos disappeared.

May 4, 2015 11:07 PM in response to Auntiemom55

Try this *AFTER YOU DELETE YOUR PHOTOS THE NORMAL WAY* to permanently remove them from the device:

1. Start from the homescreen of your Iphone/pod (for dummies: where all of your "apps" are).

2. Look for an app on your homescreen titled "Photos", when you find it - Click it.

3. When the app opens, go ahead and look towards the bottom of your phonescreen.

You should see a navigation with three different options;

"Photos", "Shared" & "Albums"; Why don't you just go ahead and click on "Albums", there we go - Very nice!

4. On the next screen that appears, it should display your different albums.

Look for "Recently Deleted", and when you find it - Click on it.

It should be on that list somewhere (or there's a problem!).

5. Now you should see a screen displaying all of the recent photos you've deleted.

The term we know as "recent" to iOS is thirty days (that's 720 hours in people-time!).

You will have to click to each individual photo, however at the bottom left-hand cornor of every photo take notice of the 'Delete' option.

You're welcome. 😉

How do I permanently delete photos on photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.