Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer Contacts to a car via Bluetooth

Hi,

Looked at a few tips on this in forum, but these are incomplete. Is there a definitive yes or no? The Car Kit we have in Hyundai i30 SLX is "Waiting" for the iphone to send the contacts. The iphone is paired fine and works okay just cannot ket the address book up to the carkit. I have seen posts saying it is possible on an audi.

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 2:45 AM

The iPhone only supports PBAP(phone book access profile). So, you vehicle's Bluetooth kit must support this as well for your contacts to be avialble. Does it?

6 replies

Jan 23, 2012 3:39 AM in response to wjosten

Yes it does. I have read that on maybe earlier IOS when you click on the > "blue arrow" next to the device/phone in bluetooth you get some options that allow syncing with contacts. It does not say this. it goes to a screen that says "Forget thise Device". Basically the Hyundia is waiting for the iphone to send the contacts to it.

Some other Hyundais have a sync that I guess initiates the conversation with the iPhone. I need the iPhone to initiate the conversation as the receiver is waiting.

How to transfer Contacts to a car via Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.