Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

ATIRadeon incompatibility: expert advice needed

1753 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 2:03 PM by HugoMe RSS
HugoMe Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 17, 2006 7:13 AM
hello

I get freezes with my ati radeon 7500 video card, that i bought to drive my 23" from my g4 cube

When i look into the logs i find that
ATIRadeon::submit_buffer: Overflowed block waiting for FIFO space

when i boot in safe mode OR when i remove brutally the ati radeon extension from extensions loaded at startup, i don't get any freezes anymore.

So there is clearly a software issue linked to the ati software

Since i have the last tiger updates, i have the last ati extension.

Some other people don't get any problem, with same setup (ati 7500, cube)

I would like to know

- wether it is a hardware failure (i would have to change the ati card)
- wether it is a bad installation from me, linked to bad HD boot sectors or cache or who know what (i should make a clean install). Some people suggested that, and I wonder why.
- wether it is linked to the 23", being to big, but specs says otherwise (then no hope)
- wether it is a particular conflict with third parties software i might have intalled and should uninstall

Any ideas ?

powerbook G4 17 1,33 Ghz; Cube 450 Mhz   Mac OS X (10.4.2)  
powerbook G4 17 1,33 Ghz; Cube 450 Mhz upgraded 1,6 Ghz Gigadesigns, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.