Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF's won't display when using Safari-

When I click on a PDF link within Safari the window goes black. I can copy/paste the link into Firefox and get the PDF to download. So, it isn't the PDF. What setting do I have to change to get PDF's to display within Safari?

Thanks much!

Ginger

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 5:43 AM

10 replies

Jan 23, 2012 12:13 PM in response to teech79

When you say it didn't work, does that mean that the item I asked you to delete wasn't there, or that you deleted it and relaunched Safari, and nothing had changed?

In either case, please select Help > Installed Plug-ins from the Safari menu bar. Besides the following, what plugins are listed?

iPhotoPhotocast

Java Applet Plug-in

QuickTime Plug-in

Shockwave Flash

WebKit built-in PDF

Jan 23, 2012 12:28 PM in response to Linc Davis

It deleted, I emptied my trash, and restarted Safari. Then, I clicked to get a PDF and the screen was black.

Installed:

MIME:

Application/asx

Application/x-mplayer2

application/x-,s-wmp

audio/x-ms-wax

audio/x-ms-wma

video/x-ms-asx

video/x-ms-wm

video/x-ms-wmp

video/x-ms-wmv

video/x-ms-wvx

Google Earth:

application/geplugin

Micro-Soft office

application/officelive

PDF browser:

application/pdf

applicaiton/postscript

Safari Montage Connect Plug in 4.1.1

Safari Montage Player

Shockwave for Director

Silverlight Plug In

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your time-

Ginger

Jan 23, 2012 1:35 PM in response to teech79

The Adobe PDF plugin is still installed, or another one is. From the Finder menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder... and enter the following in the text box that opens:

/Library/Internet Plug-ins

Press return. Delete anything in the folder that opens that has "PDF" in the name. Then repeat and enter this:

~/Library/Internet Plug-ins

Again, delete anything with "PDF" in the name. Quit and relaunch Safari.

PDF's won't display when using Safari-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.