Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen viewing options

I have Safari on my Mac Mini. I would like to place a numbers spreadsheet and a quicken screen side by side on my monitor. How do I do this? With windows I clicked the bottom right hand corner of the screen to make the change

web-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 8:13 AM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2012 9:57 AM in response to Meko2

I would like to place a numbers spreadsheet and a quicken screen side by side on my monitor.

Do you mean that you want to view a Numbers spreadsheet alongside a web page on the Quicken.com site? If not, then what does Safari have to do with this problem?

If you do want to achieve the former, all you have to do is open the Numbers document, and the web page in Safari, then resize both windows so you can see them side-by-side. You only have to click and drag on the bottom -right corner of each window to do that.

Jan 29, 2012 5:59 PM in response to kurt188

No, I do not want to open a Quicken website. I want to open my quicken application (which has all of my year to date financials, financial accounts, year to date expenses, etc) along beside my nubmers spreadsheet. Nubmers has my budget and quicken application has my expenses. I would like to see these side by side.

Jan 29, 2012 8:12 PM in response to Meko2

So doesn't each application open its own respective windows and what's stopping you from resizing those windows and arranging them side-by-side? How is this different from arranging windows from any other applications?

If you are looking for an automatic way of doing this you should search for window titleing utilities. Divvy is one such utility. And do a google search for applescripts that can possibility accomplish the task.

Screen viewing options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.