Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is Apple going to fix the iphoto bug that blurs pictures when cropped?

I was able to get a good export of the file by cropping the photo, then going back to the events and reselecting the picture and exporting it as suggested in a user forum.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 10:22 AM

I ran across this very issue yesterday. When a picture was blurry, I simply hit enter twice -- I believe it entered either the "info" or "edit" tab and then exited -- and the picture cleared up. I too found it quite annoying.

14 replies

Jan 23, 2012 2:30 PM in response to Yer_Man

I cropped from 4605x3456 to 3116x2506. Then I was thinking the blurriness was just a preview problem but when I exported the file to a small jpeg with maximum quality the blurriness was in the new file too. I tried again with constraining the proportions thinking that there might be some kind of problem averaging the odd pixel but I got the same problem again.

Jan 23, 2012 5:25 PM in response to moustified

A 320x258 pixel photo is low resolution, no matter how you look at it. You are lowering the resolution during the export. There is software for creating icons that can perform some anti-aliasing tricks, but that is not iPhoto's strong point.

I think sharpness might be a better word here than resolution.

As far as "The way Apple looks at it", we are all users, and Apple does not monitor these forums for these kinds of issues. Send feedback directly to Apple.

When is Apple going to fix the iphoto bug that blurs pictures when cropped?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.