Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Being Accepted into iTunes Connect

Anyone familiar with this process? How long does it take to become accepted into the [paid] program from the link below?

https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/bookSignup

Mac OS X (10.6.2), iMac 27" i5

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 10:02 AM

In my case, when I went thru the process last year, it took one week.

7 replies

Jan 23, 2012 10:11 AM in response to K T

You never know with a big, monopolistic company like Apple. I'd hate to forget to cross a 't' or dot an 'i' (or something) and them say, "no thank you, goodbye", and never let you re-apply.

Since I'm new to this "book publishing" business, I'm sure to make mistakes along the way. I'd hate to think I didn't do something properly when I applied (Saturday) to be approved as an iTunes Connect user.

Jan 23, 2012 10:25 AM in response to K T

Thanks.

I have my first book, written about a niche market, ready to go, but don't completely understand the submission process--especially how it relates to the new iBooks Author app. I don't even think Apple's web pages that describe the submission process are all updated to include their own authoring application yet.

Or am I just not finding the right FAQs?

I don't know if I should just try to publish it using the author app and only sell on the iBooks store, or if I should redesign it using more generic ePub standards and put it everywhere. I don't even think these "approved aggregators" even accept an .ibooks file--yet.

On one hand, the Apple author app is easy and free (and quick?), but you can only sell on Apple. But on the other hand, if I go the more geneic route, I'll have to learn a whole new publishing and authoring application. Any recommendations on a program that can produce ebooks with video and "photo widgets" like the iBooks Author? Adobe InDesign, perhaps?

I think I'll wait to see about my application before I decide.

Jan 23, 2012 10:42 AM in response to James Orlowski

When your application is complete, you'll have access to iTunes Producer, etc. Wait for those tools and documents that detail the submittal process.

I use calibre, Pages and iTunes Producer. iBA is just another tool towards an end...the end being an e-pub in the store. You don't have to use iBA...it simply helps move the content forward.

Being Accepted into iTunes Connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.