Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for ebook reader app with good annotation features

I'm looking for an ebook reader app to use on my iPhone and iPad that will allow me to do this:

1. In a book, Highlight a selection of text, and make that a note or annotation

2. Be able to see all my annotations/notes for a book in one place

3. And here's the one I can't seem to find: Be able to generate a file with JUST my annotations in it so that I can save it off or email it or dropbox it or something like that.

Does anyone know of such an app?

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 1:00 PM

7 replies

Jan 23, 2012 2:13 PM in response to cashonly

To some extent, your choice of eBook readers is going to be determined by where you buy your books as many eBook sellers use copyright protection that ties the books to only one reader. So id you buy ebooks from Amazon, you can only read them with the Kindle app but not with Apple's iBooks app.

For generally purpose reading and annotating a number of different document formats, I recommend Goodreader. I don't know as it does everything you want but it's more than worth the price for all of the things it does do.

Jan 23, 2012 5:59 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I have both iBooks and GoodReader. They both have a lot of pluses. The one thing they're missing is

being able to generate a file with JUST my annotations in it so that I can save it off or email it or dropbox it or something like that.

My reading style is usually for information and what I call "razor-blade reading". I like to highlight the parts that are the most significant and make my own notes along with them. Then what I'd like to do is just save off that so I can go back and read just that without having to go thru the whole book again. Still looking for the app that will let me do that easily.

Mar 2, 2012 12:21 AM in response to cashonly

I HAVE THE PERFECT APP!!!

I had been looking for an app that did the same things you requested. And somebody finally created it.

Its called Readmill

www.readmill.com

You can export all of your notes/highlights as an email.

It also syncs your ebook library with Dropbox

Here is the interview that Robert Scoble did with the makers of the app.

https://plus.google.com/111091089527727420853/posts/Tce1E52MPo2

Looking for ebook reader app with good annotation features

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.