Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers app questions-- scaling axes and scatteplots

Can the x and y-axes in graphs be changed? That is, the scales?

Can the app do scatterplots? The main page at apple.com doesn't mention them, but a support page shows something that looks like one.

What I'm looking to do is what is called a line scatterplot or a trend graph. Y values vs. years, with the data points connected by a line. (Ideally, I'd want to try different x-y functions to see what best fits, but I realize that's asking for too much! 🙂

iPad, iOS 5.0.1, Wonderful, magical device!

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 7:13 AM

Can the x and y-axes in graphs be changed?

The axis can be changed by utilizing the "informaiton" button at the top of the screen while the chart is selected. Tap Y-Axis, then tap the option "Value scale settings". Is this what your looking for?

by browsing all the other information pages you can add connecting lines, adjust x axis, etc...

Jason

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2012 7:13 AM in response to AstroMacMan

Can the x and y-axes in graphs be changed?

The axis can be changed by utilizing the "informaiton" button at the top of the screen while the chart is selected. Tap Y-Axis, then tap the option "Value scale settings". Is this what your looking for?

by browsing all the other information pages you can add connecting lines, adjust x axis, etc...

Jason

Numbers app questions-- scaling axes and scatteplots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.